TeXLive & TeXShop with Tex+DVI

Ben Abbott bpabbott at mac.com
Fri Jul 3 19:07:08 PDT 2009

I've installed TeXLive 2007 and TeXShop, via MacPorts.

When I attempt to run TeXShop's "default script" for "Tex + DVI", I
get a dialog with the message below.

----------------
/usr/texbin/pdflatex does not exist. Perhaps TeXLive was not installed
or was removed during a system upgrade. If so, go to the TeXShop web
site and follow the instructions to (re)install TeXLive. Another
possibility is that a tool path is incorrectly configured in TeXShop
preferences. This can happen if you are using the fink teTeX
distribution.
----------------

I changed the path to indicate /opt/local/bin, and then I get ...

### This is /opt/local/bin/simpdftex, Version $Revision: 2.18 $
### Skipping simpdftex  [dvi->pdf only]
### /opt/local/bin/dvips -R -Poutline  -o /tmp/altpdfsimpdftex.
9268-1246672724/-n tex.ps tex
This is dvips(k) 5.96 Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com
)
/opt/local/bin/dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
### FAILED to generate /tmp/altpdfsimpdftex.9268-1246672724/-n tex.ps ()

I need psfrag for my document so pdftex will not work for me.

Any solution and/or suggestion would be appreciated.

Ben