Installation of ports from local source files in the distfiles directory possible?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 7 23:36:21 PDT 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 00:45, Florian Colbatzky wrote:

> Thanks for your tipps. I have copied the source files into the
> directory /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles and still get the same
> behaviour of MacPorts:
>
> The command sudo port install package results in a series of fetch
> commands looking for various websites and then stopping, because I
> do not have an open internet connection.
>
> Is it the wrong directoy?

The file(s) will need to go in a subdirectory of /opt/local/var/
macports/distfiles. Usually the subdirectory name is the name of the
port, but sometimes not. For example, all Python modules go in the
"python" subdirectory of the distfiles directory. You also must make
sure you get exactly the correct distfiles that MacPorts is
expecting. "port distfiles foo" will show you what distfiles MacPorts
would download, and from the distfiles.macports.org URL that's
printed you can see what the subdirectory name is.