Error when upgrading port: Errno architecture does not match executable architecture

jsmorris jsmorris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:06:07 PDT 2009

I am trying to upgrade all my apps to their latest version, but
several apps are not upgrading.  Each attempt ends with a very similar
error message.

For example, here is my attempt to upgrade libwmf

Mini:~ jsmorris$ sudo port upgrade libwmf
Password:
Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: shell command "cd
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_libwmf/work/libwmf-0.2.8.4
&& autoreconf -fvi" returned error 1
Command output: Errno architecture (darwin-2level-9.4.0) does not
match executable architecture (darwin-2level-9.7.0) at
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Errno.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at
/opt/local/share/autoconf/Autom4te/XFile.pm line 91.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt/local/share/autoconf/Autom4te/XFile.pm line 91.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/local/bin/autoreconf line 47.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/local/bin/autoreconf line 47.

Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

In my research, I have not seen a clear resolution for this.  I am
still rather new to troubleshooting port issues, so please point me to
any good references to this error.

I have tried port clean --all libwmf, but to no effect.

Thoughts?

Jason