Macports and Scribus

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Thu Jul 9 16:05:14 PDT 2009

[Please remember to reply-all so the list gets a copy too]

On Jul 9, 2009, at 4:58 PM, Phil M. wrote:

> Thanks guys,
>
> Still, though, I can't get through to it:
>
> Phil-Meaghers-Computer:~ Phil$ sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
> DarwinPorts base version 1.400 installed
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: couldn't open "/opt/
> local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate1/
> base/config/dp_version": no such file or directory
>
> Any other ideas?

That's a really old version. Since you had no ports installed, it's
best to remove your version [1] and reinstall the latest version [2].

[1] <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#HowdoIremoveoruninstallMacPorts>
[2] <http://www.macports.org/install.php>

Cheers!
Frank