Problem with cairo in ppc - newer xcode required

Panagiotis Atmatzidis atma at convalesco.org
Mon Jul 13 02:42:38 PDT 2009

Greetings to the list,

I'm trying to install "cacti" but I get the following block:

devo:~ atma$ sudo port install cacti
--->  Fetching cairo
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for cairo
--->  Extracting cairo
Error: On Mac OS X 10.4, cairo 1.8.8 requires Xcode 2.4.1 or later but
you have Xcode 2.2.
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: incompatible Xcode version
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: rrdtool pango cairo

My server is a mac mini running on ppc:

devo:~ atma$ uname -a
Darwin devo.local 8.11.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.11.0: Wed Oct 10
18:26:00 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.24.17~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
powerpc

is there any viable solution here? I think that the 2.4.1 xcode is not
available for ppc, I remember installing the latest ppc G4 version of
xcode when choosing the version.

regards

Panagiotis (atma) Atmatzidis

email:	atma at convalesco.org
URL:	http://www.convalesco.org
GnuPG key id: 0xFC4E8BB4
--
The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to
their level and beat you with experience."