Downgrade to php5.2 (latest)

Jon Bennett jmbennett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 04:39:38 PDT 2009

Hi Norman/Joshua,

> maybe this is can be of help
>
> http://bangpound.org/node/7548
>
> perhaps there is a simpler way where you can select the exact version
> you need, but i am not sure.

I've tried a few things, with little success. When I attempt to follow
the example for Drupal, I get:

$ svn sw http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/lang/php5@53555
svn: REPORT request failed on '/repository/macports/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/repository/macports/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK
(http://svn.macports.org)
$

I've also tried deactivating and installing again along the lines
explained on the macports page, eg:

svn co -r 53555
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/lang/php5
bash-3.2# sudo port deactivate php5
--->  Deactivating php5
bash-3.2# sudo port install php5
@5.2_10+apache2+fastcgi+macosx+mysql5+pear+postgresql82
--->  Activating php5 @5.3.0_1+apache2+fastcgi+macosx+mysql5+pear+postgresql82
You may need to update your php.ini for any changes that have been made
in this version of php. Compare /opt/local/etc/php5/php.ini with
/opt/local/etc/php5/php.ini-development (if this is a development server) or
/opt/local/etc/php5/php.ini-production (if this is a production server).

If this is your first install, you need to activate PHP in your web server.
--->  Cleaning php5
bash-3.2#

As you can see, each time it still installs 5.3.10, even though I've
CO'd 5.2.10 and have tried manually deleted the latest version from my
local repro before CO'd the correct revision.

What am I missing/messing up? Any ideas?

Cheers,