Downgrade to php5.2 (latest)

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jul 16 05:00:58 PDT 2009

On 2009-7-16 21:39, Jon Bennett wrote:
> svn co -r 53555
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/lang/php5
> bash-3.2# sudo port deactivate php5
> --->  Deactivating php5
> bash-3.2# sudo port install php5
> @5.2_10+apache2+fastcgi+macosx+mysql5+pear+postgresql82
> --->  Activating php5 @5.3.0_1+apache2+fastcgi+macosx+mysql5+pear+postgresql82
> You may need to update your php.ini for any changes that have been made
> in this version of php. Compare /opt/local/etc/php5/php.ini with
> /opt/local/etc/php5/php.ini-development (if this is a development server) or
> /opt/local/etc/php5/php.ini-production (if this is a production server).
>
> If this is your first install, you need to activate PHP in your web server.
> --->  Cleaning php5
> bash-3.2#
>
> As you can see, each time it still installs 5.3.10, even though I've
> CO'd 5.2.10 and have tried manually deleted the latest version from my
> local repro before CO'd the correct revision.
>
> What am I missing/messing up? Any ideas?

The wiki page says to run `sudo port install`, not `sudo port install
<portname>`. Leaving off the port name loads the portfile in the current
directory. If you specify the name, it looks it up in the index, which
points to the file in the normal ports tree, not the one you just
downloaded.

You also can't specify a version with 'port install', though you can of
course specify variants. Leave off +macosx though, as it is an
implicitly-selected platform variant.

- Josh