Upgrading PHP5

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sat Jul 18 14:44:40 PDT 2009

On 2009-07-18 , at 12:23 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> php5-zlib will be deleted again. I changed my mind. zlib
> functionality is so useful and zlib is so small that I'll make it
> always-on again with the next upgrade.

A small gotcha for me. My phpMyAdmin stopped working. Says I needed
mcrypt which I didn't install (mostly to just see what happens).

In the phpmyadmin port there is a dependency on php5 that looks like
this

depends_run         path:lib/${mysql}:${mysql} \
                     path:bin/php:php5

How does that work if something needs php5-mcrypt? Just make the
dependency be on php5-mcrypt which would obviously depend on php5?

Just curious.

I installed php5-mcrypt, my phpMyAdmin (not from MacPorts) works fine
again.

8)