[MacPorts] #20359: dia build fails when libemf is installed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 21 14:26:12 PDT 2009

On Jul 21, 2009, at 15:55, Nigel King wrote:

> Hi,
> I managed to get the new dia to install by
>
> sudo cp /opt/local/var/macports/software/libemf/1.0.3_0/opt/local/
> include/libEMF/emf.h /opt/local/include/
>
> all on one line
>
> and then issuing
>
> sudo port install dia

Well... yes, that would be one way to coerce dia to build with emf
support. But I still recommend the solution I mentioned earlier,
which is to deactivate libemf before installing dia.

> dia in principle supports python with the installation directive --
> with-python which I would like
>
> I tried adding this to the dia Portfile
>
> configure.args \
>    --with-cairo \
>    --with-xslt-prefix=${prefix} \
>    --with-python

If that's a valid configure argument for dia, then that should work.

> however
> sudo port install dia --with-python
> returns
> Error: --with-python is not installed
>
> obviously my understanding of MacPorts is at the very dangerous stage

You cannot provide configure arguments on the "sudo port install"
command line like that. You only provide them in the porfile, by
adding them to configure.args, like you did.

If you want python support in dia, I suggest you file a ticket in the
issue tracker.