[MacPorts] #20359: dia build fails when libemf is installed

Nigel King nigel at nigelking.me.uk
Tue Jul 21 22:08:55 PDT 2009

On 21 Jul 2009, at 22:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2009, at 15:55, Nigel King wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I managed to get the new dia to install by
>>
>> sudo cp /opt/local/var/macports/software/libemf/1.0.3_0/opt/local/
>> include/libEMF/emf.h /opt/local/include/
>>
>> all on one line
>>
>> and then issuing
>>
>> sudo port install dia
>
> Well... yes, that would be one way to coerce dia to build with emf
> support. But I still recommend the solution I mentioned earlier,
> which is to deactivate libemf before installing dia.

Thanks, I had misunderstood. I have now tried deactivating libemf,
installing dia and reactivating libemf that definitely works.

>> dia in principle supports python with the installation directive --
>> with-python which I would like
>>
>> I tried adding this to the dia Portfile
>>
>> configure.args \
>>   --with-cairo \
>>   --with-xslt-prefix=${prefix} \
>>   --with-python
>
> If that's a valid configure argument for dia, then that should work.
>

>> however
>> sudo port install dia --with-python
>> returns
>> Error: --with-python is not installed
>>
>> obviously my understanding of MacPorts is at the very dangerous stage
>
> You cannot provide configure arguments on the "sudo port install"
> command line like that. You only provide them in the porfile, by
> adding them to configure.args, like you did.

Again this helps me understand the process.
With the change to Portfile adding --with-python the python plugin
appears to be present, however import dia does not work. On Windows
Python 2.3 is required, I was hoping that if built from scratch this
might work. Perhaps I should try using the tarball.

> If you want python support in dia, I suggest you file a ticket in
> the issue tracker.

Good suggestion