Can't cleanup

Payam Minoofar payam.minoofar at meissner.com
Wed Jul 22 10:07:43 PDT 2009

I get this error when I try to some cleaning up after many rounds of updating and upgrading.

[payam-imac:~] payam% sudo port clean --archive
Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("Could not find Portfile in /Users/payam").
Please verify that the directory and portfile syntax are correct.
To use the current port, you must be in a port's directory.
(you might also see this message if a pseudo-port such as
outdated or installed expands to no ports).
[payam-imac:~] payam% sudo port clean --all