Ability to run Anacron as a user

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Jun 3 19:49:48 PDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 7:12 PM, John J. Foster wrote:

> from man rsync...
> -E, --executability         preserve executability
> -X, --xattrs                preserve extended attributes
>
> festus at magpie ~ $ rsync --version
> rsync  version 3.0.6  protocol version 30
>
> What version of rsync are you running?

Can not believe they would change key flags like this.  Then again,
rsync had multiple versions, and I believe a separate version distro'd
on OS X back in the 10.2/3 days.

$rsync --version
rsync  version 2.6.9  protocol version 29

$which rsync
/usr/bin/rsync

$sudo port install rsync

$which rsync
/opt/local/bin/rsync

$/opt/local/bin/rsync --version
rsync  version 3.0.6  protocol version 30

At least there, I am at the same version as you :)  I guess apple puts
out a very old version.