complains about launchd not providing socket path

scherom scherom at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 4 02:18:49 PDT 2009

Thanky Marcus,
for providing an overview of what is supposedly the status with dbus.
I am however still having problems with launchd not providing a socket path.

I will write
a) what system I work on
b) what  I added / tried in .profil
c) what is the error message I still get
d) ask for help

a) System
System: OSX 10.5.7
Clean Install MacPorts 1.7.1
Installed gnucash  2.2.9_3
And when trying to launch it, it failed with following out-put in terminal

b) trials to solve the problem
I did try to make the manual launch
by doing
  sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
and
  sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
org.freedesktop.dbus-system

I included in my file .profile in the directory
  eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

I had also tried putting the following in my .profil
  #export
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADRESS="launchd:env=DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET"

c) Error message
However I STILL GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE (and gnucash does not start)...
-------------------------------------
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-7ckllA/:0".
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

(gnucash:7018): qof-CRITICAL **: qof_object_shutdown: assertion
`object_is_initialized == TRUE' failed