complains about launchd not providing socket path

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Thu Jun 4 12:00:01 PDT 2009

scherom <scherom <at> yahoo.de> writes:

> I included in my file .profile in the directory
>   eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

Since dbus now uses launchd, dbus-launch should not be called directly.
Please remove it from you .profile.

> I had also tried putting the following in my .profil
>   #export
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADRESS="launchd:env=DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET"

launchd has its own environment, so you should not set this value yourself.
Please remove it from you .profile.

After you have removed these entries from your .profile, restart your machine.

Please let me know if these steps fix your problem.

-Marcus