MacPorts on Snow Leopard

Jean-Denis Muys jdmuys at kleegroup.com
Tue Jun 9 06:57:46 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am a Mac developer, and a MacPorts user, though not a Unix programmer to
any large extent.

Since the release of the WWDC developer release of Snow Leopard, I have
found it stable enough that I'm probably going to spend most of my time
running it.

So I would like to install MacPorts on it. Yet, very wisely, the current
installer refuses to do that.

So is it possible to use MacPorts on Snow Leopard yet?
What would that involve?

Of course, as you can guess, I am ready to live on the bleeding edge.

Many thanks,

Jean-Denis

PS: I don't think this request does or most answers would violate the NDA,
but I'm ready to move this conversation to private mail and/or to the Apple
developer forums. Actually, now that I mention it, I will cross post this
request over there :-)