OSX Upgrades: Snow Leopard

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Thu Jun 18 10:51:14 PDT 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 10:32, Darren Weber wrote:
> I have attended WWDC2009, where I got access to a developer version
> of Snow
> Leopard (and SL server) and the latest Xcode tools bundled with the
> SDK for
> iPhone 3.0.
>
> If I can learn how to create a dual-boot system (so I can hang onto
> everything on my Leopard Server), then I may be able to test some
> things
> (any tips on the best way to do this?).  I can't give it a high
> priority in
> my position, but I expect it will have to be done sooner or later
> for me to
> make a move to development on Snow Leopard in Sept.

1) Boot off the DVD.
2) select "Disk Utility" from the "Utilities" menu.
3) Select your disk and click on "Partition"
4) Click on the little "+" at the bottom.  This will "split" your
Leopard partition and allow you to install SL on a separate partition.

You can then hold down opt at boot to choose your boot disk or install
something like rEFIt.