checking for gcc

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Thu Jun 11 04:54:32 PDT 2009

Le 11 juin 09 à 06:51, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On Jun 10, 2009, at 18:49, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>
>> basic users are expected to compile ports but not MacPorts itself,
>> they are expected to install binaries of MacPorts itself :-)
>> sorry, i forgot it :-)
>
> Well, a user who types "sudo port selfupdate" causes MacPorts to
> build itself from source...

yes but in a "closed" environement (for example i suppose that PATH
is replaced by binpath), like for ports

>>> Having MacPorts installation with a different prefix in PATH during
>>> configure might fail anyway if certain ports are installed (e.g.
>>> tcl).
>>> Therefore, use a clean environment with the system's default PATH
>>> if you
>>> don't want to use MacPorts for that.
>>
>> well, i need to compile MacPorts because i don't want to give it
>> root rights
>
> Same here.

ok :-)

>> it's not very constraining,
>> just, sometimes i have tinny problems, and in general there is a
>> solution :-)
>>

>> but it may be very annoying, if the installation of some ports
>> avoids to rebuild MacPorts :-(
>>
>> is there a simple way to use the system's default PATH, just for
>> the time to build MacPorts ?
>
> Just do it! Run
>
> export PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"
>
> before you run the configure, make and make install commands.
> That's what I do. Then close the Terminal window to get your
> previous PATH back.

ok :-)
i don't like very much to have fixed things (for example binpath uses
a x11prefix path which can vary (i think)),
but if you do that, it must be right :-)

thank you :-)

--
Téléassistance / Télémaintenance
http://www.portparallele.com/ThomasDECONTES/