port install gnat-gcc

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Jun 18 15:29:45 PDT 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 5:06 PM, William Davis wrote:
>> If it's just the libraries in the bootstrap compiler that are a
>> problem, then you could do the temp install into somewhere like $
>> {worksrcpath} and set DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH ...
>

> I understood Boey Maun Suang to be saying the paths had to be hard
> coded, and /var/tmp was the only thing he could rely on to be the
> same on all machines.

If the reason why it needs to be the same path everywhere is because
of the install name for the shared libraries that come with the
bootstrap compiler, then the DYLD_* variables can be used to make it a
non-issue.

(in fact, this is one of the few instances where those environment
variables are a good idea to use).

--
Daniel J. Luke