PHP upgrade to v5.2.10

Peter Oakley peteo at oakleystudio.com
Thu Jun 25 15:10:36 PDT 2009

Looks like this problem with the date('Y') function was a PHP bug. It
showed up on Mac OS X (my system) and on Mac OS X Server, both
v10.4.11, when upgrading from PHP v5.2.8 or v5.2.9 to v5.2.10, and
the bug also existed in v5.3.0 RC2. Similar problem with the DateTime
() function. The issue has also been demonstrated on Debian Lenny PPC
and on Solaris Sparc version 9. Here's a link for reference:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=48276

See the last message of the bug track dated [21 Jun 10:20pm UTC] from
scottmac at php.net (four days ago). This bug has been fixed in current
builds of PHP v5.2.10. Now I'm wondering: How long is it likely to
take for this fixed version of PHP5 v5.2.10 to make its way into
MacPorts?

    - Pete O