Error for installation glade in Tiger

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sat Jun 27 10:32:30 PDT 2009

nuvolare wrote:
> Hello, I'm writing becuase I need to have glade on my macbook pro and
> I've a week that I'm tring to install it, but I find lot's of error,
> and now
> I don't know how to resolve it, could you tell me what I've to do?
> This is the error:
>
> --->  Configuring gst-plugins-base
> --->  Building gst-plugins-base
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gst-plugins-base/work/gst-plugins-base-0.10.23"
> && make all " returned error 2
> Command output:   CC    vs_4tap.o
>   LINK  libgstvideoscale.la
> warning: no debug map in executable (-arch i386)
> Making all in volume
>   CC    gstvolume.o
>   LINK  libgstvolume.la
> warning: no debug map in executable (-arch i386)
> Making all in sys
> Making all in ximage
>   CC    ximagesink.o
>   CC    ximage.o
>   LINK  libgstximagesink.la
> warning: no debug map in executable (-arch i386)
> Making all in xvimage
>   CC    xvimagesink.o
>   LINK  libgstxvimagesink.la
> warning: no debug map in executable (-arch i386)
> Making all in ext
> Making all in cdparanoia
>   CC    gstcdparanoiasrc.o
> /opt/local/include/cdda_interface.h:175: warning: 'strerror_tr'
> defined but not used
>   LINK  libgstcdparanoia.la
> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _cdda_identify
> _cdda_identify_scsi
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [libgstcdparanoia.la] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: devhelp webkit-gtk
> gst-plugins-base icu libsoup gnutls libgcrypt libgpg-error libtasn1
> lzo opencdk libproxy xorg-libXmu xorg-libXt xorg-util-macros
> hicolor-icon-theme libgnomeui gnome-icon-theme icon-naming-utils
> p5-xml-simple p5-xml-namespacesupport p5-xml-sax gnome-keyring
> libbonoboui libbonobo libgnome esound audiofile py25-gtk py25-cairo
> py25-numpy fftw-3 py25-nose py25-setuptools py25-gobject
> MacbookPro:~ nuvolare$
This appears to be the problem reported in

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/19843

The problem is not with glade but with its dependency gst-plugins-base.

The cdparanoia plugin in that port is not compatible with
the latest version of cdparanoia provided by MacPorts.

The problem was fixed by disabling the build of this plugin by default.

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/52743

The fact that you are seeing this error indicates that you do not have
the latest version of port gst-plugins-base.

Please update your ports by doing the following

sudo port clean gst-plugins-base
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated

then try installing glade again.

By the way, the port glade is an obsolete version (2.12.2) which is not
currently recommended nor maintained by the upstream developers.  Port
glade3 (version 3.6.6) is the current stable release and is to be preferred.

sudo port install glade3