binary rpm repos?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 9 13:50:27 PDT 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 15:42, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> I think there was also some intention to have the portfile in the
> archive consulted for post-install (and uninstall) procs, but I
> don't think it was implemented.

Yes, that's a whole 'nother problem to which someone's comment
recently alerted me. We not only need a way for a port to run a phase
after deactivation or uninstall, but also that version of the
portfile should be stored with the installed port so that the post-
deactivate or post-uninstall phase that gets used is the one that was
in effect at the time the port was installed, not the one that's in
the current version of the portfile.