binary rpm repos?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Mar 9 15:39:57 PDT 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Yes, that's a whole 'nother problem to which someone's comment
> recently alerted me. We not only need a way for a port to run a
> phase after deactivation or uninstall, but also that version of the
> portfile should be stored with the installed port so that the post-
> deactivate or post-uninstall phase that gets used is the one that
> was in effect at the time the port was installed, not the one that's
> in the current version of the portfile.

And then once we get that we'll need a way to make sure we maintain
enough compatibility to not break these and/or include some way of
overriding them with a newer version (say if the Portfile included
with the built port has a buggy uninstall method)...

The last time I remember seeing list traffic about this, a look over
the port tree indicated no useful use of uninstall procs (deactivate
didn't exist yet and the ports tree was somewhere around 1000 ports).

--
Daniel J. Luke