Imagemagick ...system-wide availability

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Mar 10 05:10:36 PDT 2009

chueewowee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the installed port:
> /opt/local/var/macports/software/ImageMagick/6.4.8-1_0+q16
>

> the command, 'which imagemagick' returns not found, and
> graphiocsconvertoer.app, similarly cannot find imagemagick ..'in
> /usr/local/bin'
>
> How can I make the mac[ports installation avilable on a system-wide
> basis?  For example, what would I symlink to, if i were to place a
> symlink in /usr/local/bin?

Perhaps ImageMagick is installed but not active. If so, you should just
have to run `sudo port activate ImageMagick`.

Alternatively, you're looking for the wrong thing. ImageMagick does not
contain a command named 'imagemagick', instead it installs several
commands such as convert, display and mogrify. You can see a full list
of the files it installs with `port contents ImageMagick`.

I'm not familiar with GraphicConverter using ImageMagick. Is it a
standard feature? Where is it configured? Hopefully it doesn't just
always assume /usr/local and there is a way to tell it where ImageMagick
really is.

- Josh