compiling libpangocairo

kalinski kalinski at amei.se
Wed Mar 11 14:56:38 PDT 2009

hello,

i switched from linux to macosx (äh shame on me)
and i am used to compile stuff myself with the
well known configure, make, make install

so for the nice program jamin (an audio tool)
i got a binary which doesnt work because it cannot
somehow find the pango fonts, instead it shows blocks.

then i compiled it myself from source
and it gave:

Incompatible library version: jamin requires version 2204.0.0 or later,
but libpangocairo-1.0.0.dylib provides version 2201.0.0

i went on and fetched cairo (latest source)
which compiled and went into:

/usr/local/lib

which shouldn't interfere with macports right
because the older version is in /opt/local/lib ?

that's good because i don't wanna break my universal binaries nor macports

then i fetched pango

tried to compile it but it says (after a clean configure):

/opt/local/include/cairo/cairo-xlib.h:97:3: error: #error Cairo was not
compiled with support for the xlib backend
viewer-cairo.c: In function 'cairo_x_view_create_surface':
viewer-cairo.c:38: warning: implicit declaration of function
'cairo_xlib_surface_create'
viewer-cairo.c:40: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a
cast

now: how can i tell automake on macosx to use my /usr/local/lib instead
of /opt/local/lib?

or better how can i get libpangocairo.1.0.0.dylib 2204.0.0
on macosx?
i guess the macports version is 2203.0.0
right?

any help very much appreciated

cheers
mart