php5 & "port test php5"

drf drf at blackchairdvd.com
Mon Mar 23 13:00:39 PDT 2009

Hi,

   My setup:   Mac Mini, 10.4.11, Xcode 2.5, GCC 4, MacPorts 1.7

Everything compiles fine, there are some complaints about signedness from
the compiler, but it all looks ok.  But when I run the PHP test suite,
over 70 tests fail, including ones I wouldn't really expect, like on the
function easterdate().  I can not find any hints anywhere on what might be
happening, so I'm wondering if these tests really are that important.
Should a completely default, standard, stock install of php5 with MacPorts
pass all the PHP self tests fine?

The thing is, when I set up everything myself (not using MacPorts to
compile php5) the same set of tests failed - the config of php5 did
reference various macport installed libraries, etc.  I am now at the point
where I am wondering if I ought to toss all of MacPorts and try to install
everything myself that is needed to compile php5.

So any advice, pointers on where to look, or hints on 64 bit vs 32 would be
greatly appreciated

TIA
doug