Could not run GTK+ test program

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Tue Mar 24 11:59:55 PDT 2009

How can I fix this error so wireshark can build.  Looks like it is a
problem with the GTK+ being found.

sh-3.2# port install wireshark
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Fetching wireshark
--->  Attempting to fetch wireshark-1.0.6.tar.bz2 from
http://www.wireshark.org/download/src/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for wireshark
--->  Extracting wireshark
--->  Configuring wireshark
^[ODError: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_wireshark/work/wireshark-1.0.6"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-gtk2 --with-net-snmp=no
--with-ucd-snmp=no --disable-usr-local --without-adns --without-pcre
--disable-ipv6 --with-pcap=/opt/local --with-ssl=/opt/local
--with-zlib=/opt/local --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man
--infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --without-portaudio
--disable-warnings-as-errors " returned error 1
Command output: checking for dpkg-buildpackage... no
checking for xcodebuild... yes
checking for hdiutil... yes
checking for bless... yes
checking whether we can add -Wall -W to CFLAGS... yes
checking whether we can add -Wdeclaration-after-statement to CFLAGS... yes
checking whether we can add -Wendif-labels to CFLAGS... yes
checking whether we can add -Wpointer-arith to CFLAGS... yes
checking whether we can add -Wno-pointer-sign to CFLAGS... yes
checking whether we can add -Warray-bounds to CFLAGS... no
checking whether we should treat compiler warnings as errors... no
checking for platform-specific compiler flags... Apple GCC - added
-no-cpp-precomp
checking for platform-specific linker flags... Apple linker - added
-Wl,-single_module and -Wl,-search_paths_first
checking whether we can build with Core Foundation, Launch Services, and
Core Services... yes
checking whether to use /usr/local for headers and libraries... no
checking for GNU sed as first sed in PATH... no
checking if profile builds must be generated... no
checking for pkg-config... /opt/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GTK+ or finding the wrong
*** version of GTK+. If it is not finding GTK+, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error: GTK+ isn't available, so Wireshark can't be compiled