Problems with pango

Andrei Tchijov andrei at tchijov.com
Tue Mar 24 17:01:14 PDT 2009

I am trying to install "+quartz" flavor of gimp.  Unfortunately, while
trying to install poppler +quartz,  I have run into following problem

[local/bin] > uninstall pango
--->  Deactivating pango @1.24.0_0+macosx+quartz
--->  Uninstalling pango @1.24.0_0+macosx+quartz
[local/bin] > install pango +no_x11
--->  Fetching pango
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for pango
--->  Extracting pango
--->  Applying patches to pango
--->  Configuring pango
--->  Building pango
--->  Staging pango into destroot
--->  Installing pango @1.24.0_0+macosx+quartz
--->  Activating pango @1.24.0_0+macosx+quartz
--->  Cleaning pango
[local/bin] > install poppler +quartz
--->  Fetching gtk2
Error: Please uninstall or deactivate the pango port and reinstall it
by running `port install pango +no_x11`.
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: pango must be installed
with the no_x11 variant enabled.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gtk2 openjpeg
poppler-data
[local/bin] > installed pango
   pango @1.24.0_0+macosx+quartz (active)
[local/bin] > selfupdate

MacPorts base version 1.700 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.700

The MacPorts installation is not outdated so it was not updated
[local/bin] > install gtk2 +quartz +no_x11
--->  Fetching gtk2
Error: Please uninstall or deactivate the pango port and reinstall it
by running `port install pango +no_x11`.
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: pango must be installed
with the no_x11 variant enabled.

Please advice,

Andrei