kdelibs4 upgrade error -- files exists

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Sat Mar 28 10:34:06 PDT 2009

William Davis <frstan <at> bellsouth.net> writes:

> The kdelibs4 upgrade fails for me with a "files exists" error while it
> is trying to install  one of its dependencies qt4-kde:
>
> This is likely because I have :
>
> macintosh:~ frstan$ port installed *qt4*
> The following ports are currently installed:
>    qt4-mac @4.5.0_1 (active)
>    qt4-x11 @4.4.3_2 (active)
> macintosh:~ frstan$

I do not think this is a conflict between qt4-mac and qt4-kde.
For one thing, it happens during the destroot phase
and not during activation.

The last time I saw an error like this, it was because an install had
started, been stopped, and then restarted.

In this scenario:
lrelease was created, the install was stopped, and then an attempt was
made to create lrelease again (an error).

If this is the case, then
port clean qt4-kde
port install qt4-kde
should solve the problem.