KDE4 packages depend on two QT4 packages ?

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Sun Mar 29 08:07:28 PDT 2009

Hi,

If I understand things, a new QT4 package has been introduced, qt4-
kde, to provide a version compatible with the KDE4 packages. However,
it seems that some KDE4 packages have been updated to use qt4-kde, but
others still use qt4-mac, which means overall KDE4 depends on both
e.g. kdelibs4 depends on phonon ad qt4-kde, whilst phonon itself uses
qt4-mac.... I assume this is incorrect and all KDE4 packages should be
updated to use qt4-kde ?

cheers

Chris