KDE4 packages depend on two QT4 packages ?

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Sun Mar 29 08:24:16 PDT 2009

Hi,

This is definitely a problem, as it prevents the KDE4 applications
from starting since kdelibs4 was updated to depend on qt4-kde. See
below.

cheers Chris

Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ > kate
objc[639]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using
implementation from /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui.
objc[639]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both /opt/local/libexec/qt4-
kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/libexec/qt4-
mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using implementation from /
opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui.
objc[639]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using
implementation from /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui.
objc[639]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using
implementation from /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui.
QObject::moveToThread: Current thread (0x375b420) is not the object's
thread (0x370a4b0).
Cannot move to target thread (0x370a4b0)

On Mac OS X, you might be loading two sets of Qt binaries into the
same process. Check that all plugins are compiled against the right Qt
binaries. Export DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1 and check that only one set of
binaries are being loaded.
[...]

QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different
thread.
(Parent is KateApp(0xbffff314), parent's thread is QThread(0x370a4b0),
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different
thread.
(Parent is KateApp(0xbffff314), parent's thread is QThread(0x370a4b0),
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/klauncher
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /opt/local/bin/kded4
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /opt/local/bin/kbuildsycoca4
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /opt/local/bin/kbuildsycoca4
kbuildsycoca4 running...
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different
thread.
(Parent is KateApp(0xbffff314), parent's thread is QThread(0x370a4b0),
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different
thread.
(Parent is KateDocManager(0x371d300), parent's thread is
QThread(0x375b420), current thread is QThread(0x370a4b0)
KCrash: Application 'kate' crashing...
sock_file=/Users/chris/.kde/socket-Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro.local/
kdeinit4_/tmp/launch-GL6P24/_0
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/kconf_update
objc[648]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using
implementation from /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui.
objc[648]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both /opt/local/libexec/qt4-
kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/libexec/qt4-
mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using implementation from /
opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui.
objc[648]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using
implementation from /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui.
objc[648]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-kde/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and /opt/local/
libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Using
implementation from /opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/QtGui.framework/
Versions/4/QtGui.
QObject::moveToThread: Current thread (0x2f18c60) is not the object's
thread (0x2f09f50).
Cannot move to target thread (0x2f09f50)

etc. etc.