Erlang R13B_2 port

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun May 3 12:42:00 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 06:42:09PM +0100, Bojan Nastic said:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems that (at least) the latest version of erlang port has grown
> considerably in size?
> I tried updating from R12B-5 and haven't checked for dependencies
> (foolishly). Imagine my surprise when upgrade was _still_ running after 20
> minutes, trying to fetch most of xorg, brought in as wxWidgets dependency!
> Does anyone know what has changed since R12 to bring the whole of X11
> along for the ride?

It looks like the upgrade to R13B [1] is what brought in the wxWidgets port
as a dependency.  However, it's had a dependency on tk for some time which
will also bring in X11 dependencies by default.

> Is there any way to get erlang _not_ dependent on all the gui/X11 stuff
> (like "nox" variants for some linux distros), even as a separate port? (Or
> should I contact the maintainer directly regarding this?)

I don't see any variants to turn off wx or tk as dependencies; if it can be
built without them, a variant would make sense for it.  Best option would be
to file a ticket in trac [2].

Bryan

[1] - <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/50288>
[2] - <http://trac.macports.org/>