Announcing: port_upgrade

Scott C. Kennedy sck at nogas.org
Sat May 9 16:35:24 PDT 2009

As an example, this was my update for today...

    Biko:~ sck$ port_upgrade -o ./port_upgrade.sh
    Searching for unzip's Portfile
    Outdated(4):
    coreutils(7.2_0) < 7.4_0
    docbook-xsl(1.74.3_0) < 1.75.0_0
    gsed(4.1.5_4) < 4.2_0
    pcre(7.8_3) < 7.9_0
    14 ports to remove:
    apache2,coreutils,docbook-xsl,ettercap-ng,gnome-doc-utils,gsed,honeyd,nmap,pcre,php5,py-pylibpcap,scapy,snort,swig
    Biko:~ sck$ grep '^port' ./port_upgrade.sh
    port uninstall coreutils @7.2_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall ettercap-ng @0.7.3_1 || exit -1
    port uninstall gnome-doc-utils @0.16.1_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall honeyd @1.5c_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall nmap @4.76_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall scapy @1.2.0.2_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall snort @2.6.1.5_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall docbook-xsl @1.74.3_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall py-pylibpcap @0.6.2_0 || exit -1
    port uninstall swig @1.3.39_0+perl+php5+python+ruby || exit -1
    port uninstall php5 @5.2.9_2+apache2+macosx || exit -1
    port uninstall apache2 @2.2.11_0+darwin_9 || exit -1
    port uninstall gsed @4.1.5_4 || exit -1
    port uninstall pcre @7.8_3 || exit -1
    port  -x install pcre  || exit -1
    port  -x install gsed  || exit -1
    port  -x install apache2 +darwin_9 || exit -1
    port  -x install php5 +apache2+macosx || exit -1
    port  -x install swig +perl+php5+python+ruby || exit -1
    port  -x install py-pylibpcap  || exit -1
    port  -x install docbook-xsl  || exit -1
    port  -x install snort  || exit -1
    port  -x install scapy  || exit -1
    port  -x install nmap  || exit -1
    port  -x install honeyd  || exit -1
    port  -x install gnome-doc-utils  || exit -1
    port -f -x install ettercap-ng  || exit -1
    port  -x install coreutils  || exit -1
    Biko:~ sck$

Sure, I could have installed the new coreutils, docbook-xsl, gsed, and
pcre... But are you sure that the functionality that changed did not
effect apache2, php2, swig, etc?

Scott