qucs build error

Bjarne Bäckström bjarne.backstrom at hjomail.se
Thu May 14 15:10:06 PDT 2009

14 maj 2009 kl. 23.53 skrev Ryan Schmidt:

> On May 14, 2009, at 12:21, Bjarne Bäckström wrote:
>
>> 14 maj 2009 kl. 05.08 skrev Ryan Schmidt:

>>> Indeed, there should not be any directory "/lib". I wonder why
>>> qucs is trying to look there.
>>
>>    Found the problem earlier in the build report:
>>
>> checking for Qt headers... found in /sw/include/qt
>> checking for Qt... 3 (multi-threaded)
>> checking for Qt library... found in /lib
>>
>>    Seems that it's rooting around where it has no business to
>> do... So, I removed /sw/* from PATH, and tried to rebuild qucs.
>>
>> MacMini:~ bjarne$ echo $PATH
>> /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
>
> MacPorts does not use your PATH while building. It uses its own
> path setup, specifically to avoid problems that might be caused by
> other locations in your path.
>

>>    Still same report:
>>
>> checking for Qt headers... found in /sw/include/qt
>> checking for Qt... 3 (multi-threaded)
>> checking for Qt library... found in /lib
>>
>>    So, I ran 'uninstall -f installed' and rebuilt everything.
>> Still same problem:
>>
>> checking for Qt headers... found in /sw/include/qt
>> checking for Qt... 3 (multi-threaded)
>> checking for Qt library... found in /lib
>>
>>    Now I'm wondering, where does it get /sw from? ;-)
>
> The qucs configure script explicitly mentions /sw. We could attempt
> to patch the configure script to remove that reference. However, it
> is not supported to have both MacPorts and Fink installed at the
> same time, and you may run into similar issues with other ports. My
> recommendation is to remove Fink, or at least rename /sw to
> something else anytime you want to use MacPorts, because it can
> interfere like this.
>
> Similarly, some software, including qucs, will look at /usr/local
> for dependencies. Therefore, it is unsupported to have anything in /
> usr/local while using MacPorts.

    Heh, got this mail immediately after posting... Well, removing
Fink is out of the question, among other things because (for example;
it goes both ways):

MacMini:~ bjarne$ fink list | grep avr
  i      avr-binutils    2.19-1  GNU binutils for ATMEL AVR micro
controllers
  i      avr-gcc 4.2.0-2 GNU GCC for ATMEL AVR micro controllers
  i      avr-libc        1.6.5-2 AVR LIBC for GNU GCC & GNU binutils
  i      avrdude 5.5-1   Atmel AVR Microcontrollers Programmer
MacMini:~ bjarne$ port list | grep avr
avr-binutils                   @2.16.1         cross/avr-binutils
avr-gcc                        @4.0.2          cross/avr-gcc
avr-gdb                        @6.7.1          cross/avr-gdb