updating gcc

Rouson, Damian rouson at sandia.gov
Sat May 16 13:43:56 PDT 2009

Hi,

I recently installed Mac Ports and used it to install gcc 4.5 beta dated April 2.  Is there any way for me to use Mac Ports to install an even more recent version of gcc or am I on my own for that?  My primary interest is gfortran and it just so happens there were some patches applied to the development branch of gfortran in late April that will be very useful for my work.  As gfortran is rapidly evolving to support the Fortran 2003 standard and I need as many features from that standard a possible, I expect to update regularly. I found that installing with Mac Ports was infinitely easier than trying to install manually, so I'm hoping there is a way to have Mac Ports install any snapshot I choose.  All advice is welcome.

Damian