gnuplot not finding font

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 24 15:39:46 PDT 2009

fontcnfig:

I've seen the comments indicating that fontconfig should work without
having to set gdfontpath.  However, gnuplot cannot find my fonts (and
complains about it).  I have fontconfig 2.6.0_2 +macosx installed and
active.  Am I supposed to do something myself with fontconfig?  If so,
what?

gdfontpath:

I've seen ticket 14999 and the underlying message from gnuplot, but I
don't know what to do about it.  To whit:

Where should this path be set (why isn't it getting set correctly by
MacPorts and how do I set it without messing up MacPorts)?
What should the path be set to?

MacPorts 1.7.1 on Intel iMac - no constraints on X11.

Lenore