MacPorts duplicate files or hardlinks?

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun May 24 17:02:38 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 04:31:24PM -0700, Scott Haneda said:
> On May 24, 2009, at 4:01 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
>> Long-term, the way images are handled should be changing by not doing
>> the
>> install-then-hardlink style, see ticket #19458:
>>
>> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/19458>
>

> How are you so readily aware of what tickets there are?  I spend a good
> deal of time looking in there and searching, never finding much. What is
> your trick, or are you just involved in trac so much these things trigger
> a memory and you can find them?

Usually going to

<http://trac.macports.org/query>

and selecting Summary from 'Add filter' can get you to port-related tickets
quickly since most of them have the port name in the summary (there's also a
port field but older tickets didn't have it and won't be found searching on
that).  There's also the 'Ticket Search' link on the left which goes to

<http://trac.macports.org/search?portsummarysearch=on>

and lets you search both port & summary, though I use the first mostly out
of habit.

Also being on the macports-tickets list (where every ticket change is sent)
help keep awareness up.

Finally, in the specific case of the ticket I mentioned earlier, that is one
I filed so I definitely knew of it...

Bryan