Upgrade errors.

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Sun May 31 13:03:48 PDT 2009

Hello,
	I have put on this posting forum everything that was rebuilt since
the last time the error appeared to indicate what worked and what has
not since there were many that have had one problem or another that
needed correcting.  There have been so many that I do not know for
sure which one(s) it would have been.  I only know that I reported
this some time back, took the steps to correct the problem and now
they are back.  Is there a way to determine when ports were upgraded
last?

On May 30, 2009, at 11:59 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 23:26, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

>>> The ports no longer exist so they cannot have been reinstalled.
>>>
>>> But possibly, back when they did exist, you installed a port
>>> which depended on them, and that dependency is still noted in
>>> your registry. You should identify which ports those are, and
>>> forcibly rebuild them, to get them to record its dependencies
>>> correctly. e.g.:
>>>
>>> sudo port -nf upgrade whateverport
>>
>> 	Except that once the ports were removed by the actions taken,
>> they only way they could have come back is if the earlier
>> installed ports were upgraded and reloaded them.  It still does
>> not make any sense.
>
> Which "actions taken"?
> Which ports did you rebuild?

Frank J. R. Hanstick