Gimp.app crashing

Jeff Pitman jeff.pitman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:27:03 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2009, at 10:09, Jeff Pitman wrote:
>
>  Yes, I was running the no_x11/quartz version. However, I mixed everything
>> up and upgraded to Snow Leopard over the weekend.
>>

> Did you afterwards uninstall and reinstall all ports? If not, please do:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

Yes, I cleared out all of the packages first.

If gimp-app didn't pull in python25 && python26, I might be able to get this
up without installing Tk. python26 has an option to shut off tkinter, but
python25 has no such option.

$ sudo port install python26 +no_tkinter       # with +no_python, gimp
prolly won't need this
$ sudo port install pango +no_x11 +quartz
$ sudo port install cairo +no_x11 +quartz
$ sudo port install gtk2 +no_x11 +quartz
$ sudo port install gimp2 +no_x11 +quartz +no_python
$ sudo port install gimp-app +quartz

gimp-app also pulls in a ton of dependencies like gcc43 and other random
stuff. It'd be nice to go through this and clean up.

I'm still churning through the deps right now, I'll reply back to the list
with the full instructions. Gotta re-piece the deps and get the variant
incantations correct..

take care,
jeff