Gimp.app crashing

Jeff Pitman jeff.pitman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 07:55:07 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Jeff Pitman <jeff.pitman at gmail.com> wrote:

> If gimp-app didn't pull in python25 && python26, I might be able to get
> this up without installing Tk. python26 has an option to shut off tkinter,
> but python25 has no such option.
>
> $ sudo port install python26 +no_tkinter       # with +no_python, gimp
> prolly won't need this
> $ sudo port install pango +no_x11 +quartz
> $ sudo port install cairo +no_x11 +quartz
> $ sudo port install gtk2 +no_x11 +quartz
> $ sudo port install gimp2 +no_x11 +quartz +no_python

Before building gimp2, go through the patch incantations documented near the
bottom of this bug:
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21011

> $ sudo port install gimp-app +quartz

Before building gimp-app, go through the following steps in this bug to
compile 32-bit version:
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21718

Hmm, doesn't seem to work since Pango just generates blocks for the fonts.
Perhaps it's due to 32-bit app invoking 64-bit libs.

Ah well, all the appropriate bugs are filed. So, just need to be patient
while folks work out the issues.

take care,
jeff