no library dependencies

Raphael Straub raphael at ira.uka.de
Wed Nov 11 10:19:32 PST 2009

David Cake wrote:
> 	I'd like to have binaries of a couple of tools that have no
> dependencies on other libraries within MacPorts (dvdauthor and
> ffmpeg, specifically). Essentially, I'd like to include them within
> an app bundle and control them directly from NSTask, rather than
> require installation of local versions.
>
> 	 Is there a way to do this within, or mostly within, MacPorts
> (given I already have normal MacPorts versions installed and working
> fine)?

The easiest way to do this is to use the "macho_standalone" script on
a copy of the dvdauthor and ffmpeg binaries from MacPorts that you put
inside an application bundle, see
<http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-September/016836.html
 >.

Or you can change install names manually by using "install_name_tool".

But remember that the resulting binary is only guaranteed to work on
the same major Mac OS X version as your MacPorts installation.

Regards,
	Raphael