transfig/fig2dev

Luis A Lastras lastrasl at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 12 10:34:51 PST 2009

I think I understand what the problem is. fig2dev does not compile because
it cannot find xpm.h. I do have the xpm package installed, but the .h file
is under

/usr/X11/include/X11/xpm.h

and the script does not look under there. How can I tell port to go there
instead?

Luis

--->  Building transfig
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.build (transfig)
DEBUG: Environment: MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.5'
DEBUG: Assembled command: 'cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_po
\
rts_print_transfig/work/transfig.3.2.5" && make all'
making all in ./fig2dev...
rm -f fig2dev.o
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -c -Os -Wall -Wpointer-arith -no-cpp-precomp   -I..
-I/opt/local/include    -D__i386__ -D__DARWIN__     \
                            -DNO_ALLOCA -DCSRG_BASED         -DNFSS
-DUSE_INLINE      -DI18N  -DUSE_PNG -DUSE_XPM -I/opt/l\
ocal/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11    fig2dev.c
In file included from fig2dev.c:29:
object.h:20:17: error: xpm.h: No such file or directory
In file included from fig2dev.c:29:
object.h:158: error: syntax error before 'XpmImage'
object.h:158: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
object.h:168: error: syntax error before '}' token
object.h:169: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'F_pic'
object.h:169: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
fig2dev.c:375: warning: return type defaults to 'int'
make[1]: *** [fig2dev.o] Error 1

Luis A Lastras
Research Staff Member, Memory Systems Department
22-144 IBM TJ Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights, NY, 10598
(914) 945 3613, T/L 862 3613