Upgrading to PHP 5.3.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 25 16:39:32 PST 2009

On Nov 25, 2009, at 18:32, Scott Haneda wrote:

> What is the best way to be kept up to date on port updates?
>
> I'm thinking add myself to the ticket, but that may change or new tickets are made.
>
> I could run livecheck on a schedule and email myself the results.

"port livecheck" is good if you want to know which portfiles need to be updated. But if you just want to know about portfiles that already have been updated of which you may have an older version installed (such as php5 which I updated to 5.3.1) then you just use "port selfupdate" and then "port outdated". If you just want to know if a specific port is outdated, you can specify it (e.g. "port outdated php5").