Upgrading to PHP 5.3.1

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Nov 25 16:32:00 PST 2009

What is the best way to be kept up to date on port updates?

I'm thinking add myself to the ticket, but that may change or new
tickets are made.

I could run livecheck on a schedule and email myself the results.

Suggested hackish methods for arbitrary notifications? I don't want
them all, just for example, php5, MySql, Apache, Pure-FTPd ( which I
maintain so I guess I know )

Anyway, I'd love "port notify portname +(add/remove) to email. I think
I can hack in a shell script that was a port itself, called
"portnotify", but local SMTP is not always, if not rarely, something
you can rely on. Maybe growl, which has an SMTP setting, but that's
more configuring than ideally desired.

Suggestions?
--
Scott