port install imagemagick doesn't: invalid command name "license"

Damon Wang damonwang at uchicago.edu
Sat Nov 28 16:48:45 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

I want to install ImageMagick on a Leopard Mac Pro, so I port selfupdate
to 1.8.1 and then try port -d install imagemagick:

DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/ImageMagick
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/ImageMagick
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: invalid command name "license"
    while executing
"license                 ImageMagick"
    (file "Portfile" line 11)
    invoked from within
"source Portfile"
    invoked from within
"$workername eval source Portfile"
    (procedure "mportopen" line 46)
    invoked from within
"mportopen $porturl [array get options] [array get variations]"
Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "license"

I looked up license in the Portfile manual and it doesn't look terribly
important, so I commented it out and tried again:

DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/ImageMagick
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/ImageMagick
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: invalid command name "livecheck.type"
    while executing
"livecheck.type          regex"
    (file "Portfile" line 252)
    invoked from within
"source Portfile"
    invoked from within
"$workername eval source Portfile"
    (procedure "mportopen" line 46)
    invoked from within
"mportopen $porturl [array get options] [array get variations]"
Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "livecheck.type"

Both license and livecheck.type are valid commands, 1.8.1 is the latest
listed release, and the Portfile on my system is the same as listed
online if I go to the svn browser.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
Damon Wang