Undefined symbols: _cairo_quartz_surface_create_for_cg_context referenced from libgdk-quartz-2 expected to be defined in libcairo

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 29 05:47:23 PST 2009

On Nov 29, 2009, at 07:26, Wolf Drechsel wrote:

> I tried to install poppler and libglade2 -  in both cases I get:
>
> Undefined symbols:
> _cairo_quartz_surface_create_for_cg_context referenced from libgdk-quartz-2 expected to be defined in libcairo
>
> I can install the poppler +quartz variant, I deactivated the cairo +quartz variant before:
>
> sudo port installed cairo
> Password:
> The following ports are currently installed:
>  cairo @1.8.8_0+macosx (active)
>  cairo @1.8.8_0+macosx+no_x11+quartz
>
> Some hints would be appreciated.

If you build anything with the quartz variant, you should probably build everything with the quartz variant, and vice versa.

It looks like you originally built gtk2 with the quartz variant, but have now deactivated the cairo with the quartz variant and activated the cairo without the quartz variant. Therefore the quartz symbols gtk2 expects to be there now aren't. Reactivate the cairo with the quartz variant. Or, rebuild everything without the quartz variant if you've decided you don't want it anymore.