Php 64 ... Was Re: Apache + php + gd not working at all - PARTIAL SUCCESS

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 1 13:16:35 PDT 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 13:36, Scott Haneda wrote:

> What do you think about using this patch as opportunity to rebuild
> php5 in 64 bit mode on PPC dual G5?
>
> I'm inclined not to for fear more things may be broken. Though I
> really could use 64 bit ints in JSON.
>
> Do I have to change macports.conf to do so as per the previous
> suggestions to the list, or can I just ...upgrade +universal and get
> this one at 64 bit?

I build php5 x86_64/i386 universal on Snow Leopard and it seems to
work. Hopefully that means it should work ppc64/ppc for you too. I
don't have a 64-bit PowerPC machine to test on.

> Thanks for the rapid patch. I assume it built clean and runs for
> you? Were you able to get the random error messages and garbage
> string data as test, then have that go away post patch?

I must admit I did not really test for it. I felt safe in applying the
patch because upstream (and suhosin) had already done so.