Php 64 ... Was Re: Apache + php + gd not working at all - PARTIAL SUCCESS

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Oct 1 13:42:20 PDT 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2009, at 13:36, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> What do you think about using this patch as opportunity to rebuild
>> php5 in 64 bit mode on PPC dual G5?
>>
>> I'm inclined not to for fear more things may be broken. Though I
>> really could use 64 bit ints in JSON.
>>
>> Do I have to change macports.conf to do so as per the previous
>> suggestions to the list, or can I just ...upgrade +universal and
>> get this one at 64 bit?
>
> I build php5 x86_64/i386 universal on Snow Leopard and it seems to
> work. Hopefully that means it should work ppc64/ppc for you too. I
> don't have a 64-bit PowerPC machine to test on.

I am on a live server, I know this is dangerous, but the bug did not
surface in dev testing.

If I want to go for it and update, can you tell me the commands to do
so as 64 bit?  I assume to update now I just:
sudo port selfupdate
port info php5
	php5 @5.3.0, Revision 3
That tells me that is the right one correct?

So next would be the safe road:
sudo port upgrade php5

Or, the 64 bit maybe road:
sudo port upgrade php5 +universal