Problem with Snow Leopard and gnuplot

Wesley Bland wesbland at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:12:54 PDT 2009

I'm having a problem installing gnuplot on my Snow Leopard box from
macports.  I've already done a port upgrade outdated to make sure everything
is up to date and I've installed p5-libintl-perl, but I'm still getting this
error:

> $ sudo port install gnuplot

--->  Computing dependencies for gnuplot

--->  Configuring p5-locale-gettext

Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
> command " cd
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_perl_p5-locale-gettext/work/gettext-1.05"
> && /opt/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor " returned error 2

 Command output: checking for gettext... no

checking for gettext in -I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib
> -lintl...gettext function not found. Please install libintl at Makefile.PL
> line 18.

 no

> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gd2 autoconf help2man
> p5-locale-gettext m4 automake libtool xpm xorg-libX11 xorg-bigreqsproto
> xorg-inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-xproto xorg-libXdmcp
> xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto xorg-xf86bigfontproto
> xorg-xtrans pdflib

I've Googled around for related problems, but I haven't seen anything that
seems to be helpful to me.  This is a program I really need to do my work.
 Does anyone know why I'd be getting this error?

Thanks,
Wesley