How do I apply a patch for a failed macport install?

Frank Licea francisco.licea at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:17:44 PDT 2009

Hello,

The macport for sbcl failed when I tried to install it. I found the
SnowLeopard issues wiki and it supplies some patches that can be applied to
make-config.sh and Portfile.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20904

I know how to apply a patch to make-config.org but I don't know how to apply
to to Portfile. Where is this file located for sbcl?

I also wonder how to "restart" the install not from the fetch phase but from
the build phase once I have patched the necessary files.

Will installing the ports in this manner somehow screw up my macports
install?