libsm compile problem

Payam Minoofar payam.minoofar at meissner.com
Mon Oct 12 11:02:38 PDT 2009

Hi,

In the process of upgrading wine-devel, I keep encountering
architecture mismatch errors. I cannot get port to upgrade
dependencies to universal builds with
sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants wine-devel
or with
sudo port install wine-devel +universal

In the process of manually upgrading all the ports that need to be
compiled as universal, I encountered this problem with libsm. I hope
the solution is simple.

Payam

[payam-imac:~] payam% sudo port install xorg-libsm +universal
--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libsm
--->  Fetching xorg-libsm
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for xorg-libsm
--->  Extracting xorg-libsm
--->  Configuring xorg-libsm
--->  Building xorg-libsm
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_xorg
-libsm/work/libSM-1.1.1" && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
Command output:       _SmcOpenConnection in sm_client.o
       _SmcOpenConnection in sm_client.o
       _SmcOpenConnection in sm_client.o
       _SmcOpenConnection in sm_client.o
       _SmcSetProperties in sm_client.o
       _SmcSetProperties in sm_client.o
       _SmcSetProperties in sm_client.o
       _SmsShutdownCancelled in sm_manager.o
       _SmsShutdownCancelled in sm_manager.o
       _SmsSaveComplete in sm_manager.o
       _SmsSaveComplete in sm_manager.o
       _SmsDie in sm_manager.o
       _SmsDie in sm_manager.o
       _SmsInteract in sm_manager.o
       _SmsInteract in sm_manager.o
       _SmsSaveYourselfPhase2 in sm_manager.o
       _SmsSaveYourselfPhase2 in sm_manager.o
       _SmsSaveYourself in sm_manager.o
       _SmsSaveYourself in sm_manager.o
       _SmsRegisterClientReply in sm_manager.o
       _SmsRegisterClientReply in sm_manager.o
       _SmsReturnProperties in sm_manager.o
       _SmsReturnProperties in sm_manager.o
       _SmsReturnProperties in sm_manager.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//ccbXaEji.out (No such file or
directory)
make[2]: *** [libSM.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2